Another year, another dose of wisdom 😉 Here’s a link to my 21 things I learnt in 21 years: https://thewildonesblog.com/2016/12/24/21-things-ive-learnt-in-21-years/
1. Qualities you admire in others can always be found within yourself.
2. A perfect man is someone who treats everyone with the same amount of kindness regardless of who they are.
3. Your friends will disperse onto different life paths. You may not be on the same wave length as them anymore and that’s ok- find things you both still laugh so hard you cry at.
4. Learning how to cook meals you like is important.
5. Be nice and make an effort to everyone you meet. Having connections and a good reputation will come in handy throughout your life.
6. Washing your face twice a day with cleanser, scrub, then using serum, toner, moisturiser etc etc won’t make it clearer, give it a break.
7. Remember 3 things before you speak; is it necessary? Is it kind? Is it true?
8. It’s worth spending money on great quality investment pieces like a fantastic mirror, bed spread or cushions. You will cherish them.
9. Be brave always and if you want to do something, don’t let anyone hold you back!
10. Don’t be in a rush to grow up. Savour your young years.
11. Having a month where you don’t wear makeup is so refreshing, you will find that you look perfect the way you were made and that makeup is just a fun thing to play with.
12. It’s important to love yourself a lot. Talk to yourself, laugh with yourself, take time to know what makes you joyful, have little jokes with yourself. You’re your own best m8.
13. Think about where your mind has a habit of going… it will tell you a lot about the headspace you are in. Your small thoughts turn into actions which turn into your entire life.
14. Don’t justify spending money by how much you make, think about it in terms of how much you save. For example, don’t spend $1000 on something and think, “I could earn that in two weeks so it’s fine.” Think about it like, how long does it actually take me to save that amount of money in my account.
15. Only take people’s opinions of you seriously if they know you well.
16. It’s never too late to start a new hobby or skill.
17. A moment on the lips isn’t worth taking an animals life.
18. If you want someone to do something better or in a different way; never critique their way. I remember the line from the book How to Make Friends and Influence People, “Critique is like a homing pigeon, it always hits home.”
19. Pick your battles. Most of the time, it’s ok to dismiss someone without a fight if they are being unfair or harsh, but sometimes it is also important to stand up for yourself.
20. Have goals without being sad with your present situation. Balance being connected and being a dreamer.
21. Realise that everyone in the world has gone through the same emotions you have; we are all experiencing life, we all seek pleasure and happiness, we all crave connections, and we all aren’t perfect. Remember that the next time you feel lonely.
22. If you’re ever afraid of getting older, remember that it is a privilege and some people don’t make it as far as you have.